On Saturday, May 12th, Townscape will again be bringing back an old favorite! This year “Geraniumfest” will return to Lynnfield Middle School, and will some fun, new additions at “Kids Day,” happening simultaneously with Geraniumfest. This year, the larger event will begin at 9AM but you can arrive early for flower sales and rides in Big Max, the tethered hot air balloon donated by RE/MAX Leading Edge, from 8-10 AM weather-permitting ONLY!
Also beginning at 8:30 AM will be the sale of a wide variety of beautiful and robust flowers, for those wishing to avoid the crowds. Once again this year, along with geranium plants, there will be an offering of colorful annuals and perennials for purchase. For healthy and lasting garden, this is the PERFECT time to plant just prior to Memorial Day. All material is locally grown and, thus, fresher. Do not miss out! Credit cards will be accepted the day of the event. At Geraniumfest we will also have a stunning selection of hanging baskets and patio containers as well as geraniums for purchase that day. All the proceeds from the sale of geraniums go toward purchasing trees for Lynnfield.
Interested in geraniums?
Come see us on Saturday, May 12th starting at 8:30am!
Featured Amusements at Kids Day
- a Game Truck featuring 20 video game consoles
- Laser Tag, provided by Lahey Health
- Baby Animals Petting Zoo, provided by Northrup Associates Realtors
- Fish Bowl Game
- Gymja Warrior Ninja Training
- A visit from Wally the Green Monster, provided by Marjorie Youngren Team, Century 21 Commonwealth
- Pony Rides
- "BIG MAX," from 8-10 AM only (weather permitting) a tethered hot air balloon contributed by RE/MAX Leading Edge
- 2 Bouncy Houses
- Dunk Tank
- Adrenaline Rush Obstacle Course for Big Kids
- Inflatable Bouncy House for Young Kids
- Balloon Animals
- Kids' Live Music and Movement Class and Kids' Bootcamp, provided by The Village
- a Lynnfield Youth Soccer Station
- Kids Games sponsored by Lynnfield Recreation
- Kids Gardening offered by the Village Garden Club of Lynnfield
- Archery with Camp Eastman
- Touch-A-Truck featuring the Batmobile, as well as vehicles from Lynnfield's Police and Fire departments, Mass Pipeline, Four Star Towing, and More! Check back for more updates!
- Food and Dessert Trucks in the Center of the Event (Eat without setting foot outside the event!) including: Roxy's Grilled Cheese Truck and Cupcake City. These trucks will be generously donating a portion of their profit to our group as part of the fundraiser. Check back for more updates!
- MiniEmporium, a fashion truck with unique styles for kids
- a sponsor area where we will feature all of the local businesses who have sponsored our event in order for us to provide so many fun features for local residents and their families to enjoy
- a vendor area featuring local community groups and artisans!
Please check back for more information!
While there is a cost for children, adults are free, as are children under age 2.
Registration fee for one child: $20
Registration fee for two children in a family: $40
Registration fee for three or more children in a family: $50
Each child entering Townscape's Geraniumfest and Kids Day MUST have a liability waiver form signed by his or her parent or guardian. (i.e. a friend's parent cannot sign the liability form in lieu of that child's parent or guardian). You can print that form here.
Please check back for online registration!
In-person registration will be available Friday, May 11th from 4:30-6:30 PM near the tennis courts at Lynnfield Middle School, and on the day of the event (Saturday, 5/12) starting at 8 AM.
In order to enter the event, each child must be wearing a registration bracelet. Registration bracelets can be picked up either in-person Friday, 5/11 from 4:30-6:30 PM at Lynnfield Middle School (if attendees would like to be able to walk right into the event on Saturday morning) or the morning of the event, starting at 8 AM.
This is a rain-or-shine event and no refunds can be given.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at GeraniumFest and Kids Day!
Thank you for supporting our mission!
Money raised from this family-friendly event will go directly to initiatives to improve outdoor recreational facilities in Lynnfield (more information available under the Trees, Playgrounds and Fields pages).