On May 21st, Townscape will again be bringing back an old favorite! This year “Geraniumfest” will return to Lynnfield Middle School, and will some fun, new additions at “Kids Day,” happening simultaneously with Geraniumfest. This year, the event will begin at 10:30 with a “Pioneer Parade,” in which children are invited to display their Pioneer Pride by adorning themselves and their bikes/scooters with blue and yellow!
The event will go from 10:30 AM-1:30 PM, while geranium sales will begin at 8 AM, for those wishing to avoid the crowds. Once again this year, along with robust geranium plants, there will be an offering of colorful annuals and perennials for purchase. For healthy and lasting garden, this is the PERFECT time to plant just prior to Memorial Day. All material is locally grown and, thus, fresher. Do not miss out! Credit cards will be accepted the day of the event. To save money and be assured of your color preference, flowers can be pre-ordered before May 6th. If you do not receive an order form in the mail they can be picked up at Town Hall, the library, post offices and at many businesses around town, or can be downloaded from our web site (www.townscapelynnfield.org) after April 1st. At Geraniumfest we will also have a stunning selection of hanging baskets and patio containers as well as geraniums for purchase that day. All the proceeds from the sale of geraniums go toward purchasing trees for Lynnfield.
Additionally, this year’s Geraniumfest will also offer:
· Food trucks that will donate a portion of their proceeds to our efforts
· The Pioneer Parade to kick off our event at 10:30 AM
· An archery station donated by Camp Eastman/Torigian YMCA of Peabody
· Hot Air Balloon rides donated by Re/Max Leading Edge (weather permitting)
· Touch-a-Truck for kids
· Face painting, tattoos and nail painting
· Balloon animals by Awesome Robb the Clown
· A “Gardening for Kids” station featuring an opportunity to not only decorate a pot, but also a chance plant seeds in the pot, to begin a garden at home, courtesy of the Village Home and Garden Club
· A “Game Truck” with 20 video game consoles
· A Petting Zoo from “Animal Craze”
· A Photo Booth with props from “Fame Photo Booth”
· Multiple Bouncy Houses
· Lynnfield Youth Soccer Station
· Games donated by Lynnfield Rec
And MUCH, MUCH MORE!! Don’t miss this fun community event!!
Register or Purchase Tickets
We will be offering online registration for the event. Please check back soon!
If you register online, you will need to check in at the registration table to sign a waiver and obtain your bracelet(s).
In-person registration will also be available on the day of the event (Saturday, 5/21) starting at 9 AM for $20/child for Field Day and $10/child for Kid's Races, and $30/child for the Field Day and Kid's Race pass.
REGISTRATION IN-PERSON ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY WILL BE CASH ONLY.
In order to enter the event, each child must be wearing a registration bracelet. There are two separate bracelets: one for the Kids Races, and one for the Field Day events. Registration bracelets can be picked up either in-person Friday from 5-8 PM at Lynnfield Middle School (if attendees would like to be able to walk right into the event on Saturday morning) or the morning of the event. Prior to receiving their bracelets, parents or legal guardians ONLY of children attending the event will need to sign a release form.
Prior to receiving registration bracelets, parents or legal guardians ONLY (i.e. a friend's parent cannot sign for a child) must sign a release form inclusive of each participating child.
You can download this form here.
This is a rain-or-shine event and no refunds can be given.
Please email email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at GeraniumFest and Field Day!
Schedule of Events:
Saturday, May 21st at the Lynnfield Middle School
8 AM: Flower Pick-up and Flower Sales Begin - Between Tennis Courts and Baseball Diamond
9 AM: Registration and Bracelet Pick-up Begins –Track Walkway
10 AM – 11 AM: Kids’ Races (registration continues) - LMS Track
- 10:05 AM: One-year-olds – 1⁄4 straightaway of the track (25 M)
- 10:10 AM: Two-year-olds – 1⁄4 straightaway of the track (25 M)
- 10:15 AM: Three-year-olds – 1⁄2 straightway of the Track (50 M)
- 10:20 AM: Four-year-olds - 1⁄2 straightway of the Track (50 M)
- 10:25 AM: Five-year-olds – straightway of the Track (100 M)
- 10:30 AM: Six-year-olds - straightway of the Track (100 M)
- 10:35 AM: Seven-year-olds – Straightaway/Curve of the Track (200 M)
- 10:40 AM: Eight-year-olds – One lap around the track (400 M)
- 10:45 AM: Nine-year-olds – two laps around the track (800 M)
- 10:50 AM: Ten-year-olds – two laps around the track (800 M)
11 AM – 2 PM: Field Day Events - LMS Baseball Fields
Featuring: touch-A-Truck, LYSC Soccer Stations, Lynnfield Recreation games, “Here comes the sun” kids’ yoga, Lynnfield home and garden club gardening Table, awesome Robb the clown, Game Truck, Fame Photo Booth, Animal Craze Petting Zoo, Face Painting, AMP 103.3 FM, Food Trucks, Geranium Sales and vendor tables!
Please note: Field Day does not open until 11 AM. Panera has kindly donated food for you to enjoy post-Race until Field Day Opens. Thanks!